So, have you heard of overnight weet-bix yet? I'm a bit late to the party but, hello and welcome into our food schedule...
It’s the latest trend of overnight-ready breakfasts — thanks for the inspiration, overnight oats — and it’s taking the internet by storm...My Instagram feed is full of overnight Weetabix recipes, and the easy breakfast has gone viral on tik tok.
But are they any good? Are they worth trying?
I say, a big fat YES.
DOES IT TASTE GOOD?
I think that overnight weet-bix tastes great!
In my opinion, this recipe tastes a lot like cheesecake, thanks to the tangy Yoghurt. Since Greek yoghurt is the predominant ingredient in overnight weet-bix, the flavour is quite yoghurt-y. So choose a yoghurt you like, since you’ll definitely taste it. I choose the higher protein yoghurts or even add vanilla protein into the yogurt.
The weet-bix layer that goes beneath the yoghurt tastes pretty much just like soggy weet-bix. While this may seem like a turn-off to some, it pairs nicely in the recipe as a whole. Adam thinks soggy weet-bix is disgusting so he is the only one in our household that hasn't tried it. Everyone else loves these snacks and over the weekends I make snack size ones so all the girls can grab them as they like.
But before you judge like Adam, give them
A try. Honestly a great snack & get creative and try different flavours and toppings.
* 1 medium bowl
* 1 large mug
* 2 blocks Weetabix crushed
* ½ cup almond milk or milk of choice
* 170 grams yoghurt plain or vanilla flavour
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract optional*
* Dark chocolate
* Crushed nuts or 1 Oreo cookie
* Crush Weetabix and place in the medium sized bowl.
* Add almond milk over Weetabix and let set for a few minutes.
* Once the Weetabix have soaked up some of the almond milk (2-3 minutes), use the back of a spoon to spread and smooth the mixture into an even layer.
* Pour the Greek yoghurt mixture over the Weetabix base. Use a spoon to gently spread the yoghurt into an even layer.
* Melt the dark chocolate ( use as much as you like but I use 20g ) and a tablespoon spoon of biscoff spread in a mug and microwave for 30 seconds & stir each 30 seconds until melted. I have burnt this on many a occasion 😂
* Spread the melted top layer over the yogurt until covered completely & add crushed nuts or an Oreo cookie on top
* Cover the bowl of overnight Weetabix with foil or plastic wrap and place in the fridge.
* Refrigerate for at least 4 hours to allow everything to chill and set.
* When ready to eat, remove from fridge and dig in! These overnight Weetabix will keep covered in the fridge for up to three days.